Join our Head Trainer, Stephanie Linsley for this information packed clinic.
This clinic will pick up where Horsemanship 1 left off. Although it is not required to have participated in Horsemanship 1 in order to join us for this clinic, it is recommended! We will learn how to use the communication skills learned in Horsemanship 1 to accomplish more advanced tasks on the ground and in the saddle. This clinic is open to humans and horses of any level, any breed, and any age! We have safe Mustangs available to participants for those who would like to delve into the world of horsemanship without owning a horse of their own.
This clinic will further explore equine language and how it relates to leadership in all situations. This clinic will explore topics including but not limited to:
- Finding when and how to ask for “more”
- Sequencing cues to achieve lightness
- “Pre-flight checks” for riding
- Riding with confidence
- Breaking down “complicated” maneuvers into simple and manageable steps
- Equine body language and recognizing the subtleties
This clinic is open to humans and horses of any level, any breed, and any age! We have safe Mustangs available to participants for those who would like to delve into the world of horsemanship without owning a horse of their own.
Folks may advance to ridden work as it is appropriate, but riding is NOT required. Exercises on the ground will mimic ridden exercises so you won’t miss out on anything!
*You do not have to have a Mustang to participate!*
Looking for more?
Stay an additional day for highly individualized education. Sunday will be YOUR DAY to ask questions, get help with specific issues you may be having, and learn how to solve common problems.
Topics may include but are not limited to:
- Getting your horse to LOVE loading in the trailer
- Beginning liberty play
- Confidence with obstacles
- Slowing a “Go” horse and Motivating a “Slow” horse
Saturday cost: $175/participant or $40/audit (bring your own lunch)
Stay for Sunday: $125/participant
Overnight accommodations, cabin rental (includes a continental breakfast Sunday morning): $125/cabin per night
* all proceeds from our programs go directly back to the horses, thank you for your support *
* Are you a Herd Member? If so, be sure to choose “Herd Member” in your selections when making your reservation for your special club pricing.
* Want to become a Herd Member? Follow this link for more information on how you can join The Herd.